I’m sure most of you would have tried out some sort of facial in your whole life, be it laser, radio frequency, ultrasound, oxygen, diamond peeling, carbon laser, chemical peeling and etc. These names are not unfamiliar to us.
But did you know? There is an even newer type of facial in the market now! It is called, the Gamma Light Mist Treatment, and this is launched by d’skin.
Before we go into what the Gamma Light Mist Treatment is, what is d’skin?
What is d’skin?
d’skin is a range of skincare researched and formulated in Japan. With the demands of today’s hectic lifestyle, the carefully crafted selection of premium-quality products offers modern busy women effective remedies. d’skin is a revolutionary brand that uses cosmeceutical approach: formulations marry the best of technology and nature using innovative bio-technology and new-generation botanical to provide maximum efficacy and optimum results.
Besides skincare products, d’skin is also focused on using medical-grade equipment to achieve desirable results. It offers a complete range of non-surgical cosmetic treatments for aging skin and delivers the top three most popular services in health, wellness and beauty sector: skin tightening, skin rejuvenation and pigmentation.
Gamma Light Mist Treatment
July 2017 – d’skin launched its newest treatment for lifeless, tired and dehydrated skin – The Gamma Light Mist Treatment. It is targeted to repair and regenerate inflamed and stressed cells and tissue while reducing sensitivity and improving resilience.
There are 2 parts to the Gamma Light Mist Treatment:
- Softlight 905nm: heals the skin cells via the cold infrared light and accelerates the metabolic process. Skin is healed from within, relieved from any sensitivities and smoothened.
- Gamma Nano mists: improves the absorption channels of the skin and carries the active ingredients deep into the skin.
d’skin’s Gamma Light Mist Treatment is an advanced treatment to reduce inflammation while gently reviving tired skin with its play on Cold Light and Mists to penetrate to the deepest layers of the skin and activate each cell’s metabolic process. The Nano-Mists instantly boosts hydration and reduces moisture loss while delivering the cell-revitalising active ingredients through the skin layers.
Detailed description of each part below:
1. Softlight 905 nm
Kicking off the treatment is Softlight, using lights emitted at a wavelength of 905 nanometer (nm) which stimulates cellular energy and improves tissue textures whilst improving the cell metabolic process. Through a naturally occurring bio-current that mimics the body’s own bio-currents, tissue fibres are strengthened to repair cells and rejuvenate. The Softlight’s cold infrared lights also has a large diffusion surface and covers the neck’s thin and often overlooked skin, ensuring that treatment is quick and comfortable while encompassing even the most forgotten parts of the skin.
2. Gamma PGA
The Gamma from treatment is a Cold Nano Mist that softens the skin’s epidermis and through the super minute, nano-sized droplets, carry active ingredients into the skin. In addition, through the mists, negative ions produced will eradicate free radicals in the skin, building skin immunity and improving hydration.
Through the Nano Mist, an infusion of a super-hydrating hydrogel with ten times the hydration level of hyaluronic acid is infused into the skin, and this increases the skin’s natural moisturizing factors and locks moisture in the skin across all layers.
Imbued with this is d’skin’s efficacious facial booster which is a serum made from 100% natural ingredients to repair the skin’s barrier.
Skin Booster Serum Ingredients
- Allantoin regulates the cell bio-synthetic process to absorb moisture and treat damaged skin cells such as burns or abrasion – and even effective for controlling eczema.
- Licorice Root extract or Dipotassium glycyrrhizate is a skin conditioning agent reduces flaking and restores skin’s suppleness and is often used as a skin anti-irritant to sooth inflamed skin. It is an effective treatment for atopic dermatitis.
- Sorbitol prevents moisture loss and takes in moisture to the skin via osmosis and hydrates the skin.
I visited the Novena outlet and they have 2 stores opposite each other; Su Beau Derma Clinik & d’skin Prestige
Reception area of d’skin prestige
New bathroom slippers provided (how hygenic) and I stored my handbag in the locker before proceeding.
First off, my skin’s moisture and sebum is measured with this device prior to every facial. My results are recorded for every session.
My cheeks are more hydrated at 72 & 61 as compared to my forehead and chin at 51 & 52. This result is surprising because I always had dry skin at my cheeks and I always apply more serums on my cheeks. Which, may also be why my cheeks are more moisturised than my forehead and chin lol! Guess i need to show my forehead and chin some love.
Overall, my sebum is in the green zone, which is the normal zone. Phew!
Next, I am ushered to the room and we are ready to start with the Gamma Light Mist facial!
Gamma Light Mist Treatment Process:
1.Removal of makeup and quick massage
2. Cleanser with light massage
3. Steamer to open the pores
4. Peel-off mask to remove the blackheads
The peel off mask is applied all over my face and left to dry. A fan is used to blow dry the mask and Yuki concurrently plucks my eyebrows while waiting for the mask to dry.
Once the mask is dry, Yuki peels it off and off my black heads go! This peel off is actually quite painful, it feels like i’m waxing my face, and I reckon that the little hairs on my face have been peeled off along with my black heads too. But well, no pain no gain right? I feel both grossed out and satisfied just looking at this. Even the tiny blackheads are all pulled out! Something that extraction can not achieve.
5. Extraction of remaining blackheads.
Yuki used her fingers wrapped with cotton to squeeze out the remaining blackheads (this is different from typical salons where they use a blackhead remover with a needle)
6. Antiseptic is applied on my face to kill off the germs from the extraction
7. Softlight 905nm
The light applicator is held on a part of my face for a couple of minutes before it is moved to another part, and until my whole face has been covered. There’s no pain or discomfort here at all.
8. Gamma Nano mist
The serum is applied to my face and then the nano mist is emmitted onto my face. The mist actually contains the hydration booster, so its like a double hydration boost with both the serum and booster!
Also, like the softlight, the mist is applied part by part; meaning that Yuki comes in to move the mist to a new area every few mins. This way, each part of my face is not missed out and is given ample time to absorb the goodness of the mist. It was a cool gentle mist and i enjoyed this part.
9. Face Massage
10. Co2 Malic acid Face mask for repair
11. Shoulder massage
This is done while waiting for the CO2 mask to absorb
12. Skincare is applied
Toner is applied with a cold device to close the pores.
The procedure took a Total of 2hrs!
Yuki advised me to put more facial masks over the next few days as it will absorb better post the facial.
- No time is wasted in the salon! Even waiting time for masks to dry is utilised for massages / eyebrow plucking.
- I’m given lots of massages throughout the treament, much more than a typical facial.
- Premium salon and service. And they even provide disposable slippers. I felt feel really pampered!
- Latest facial treatment innovations that typical salons don’t have.
- Good for those with sensitive skin too
- Skin is hydrated after the facial and for the next few days
- There are lots of additions provided in the treatment like the peel off mask, antiseptic, cold machine for toner application.
- Located centrally at Novena.
- The peel off mask was a quite painful. But no pain no gain! It helped to remove all the small little blackheads that would otherwise be missed out in a normal blackhead extraction. This step is also not done in other typical salons.
The feel good factor of this salon is certainly 100! Also, It feels like the beautician is thinking on my behalf as she does not let any minute go to waste while I am in the room. Whenever a mask is left to dry on my face, the beautician uses that waiting time to pluck my eyebrows / give me a shoulder massage. You can take it that the customer is given the priority.
And the Gamma Light Mist Treatment is like a 3 in one treatment! It Regenerates, Hydrates and Repairs all in 1 session. It’s perfect for my dry and sensitive skin.
I’m happy to be with a salon that is constantly upgrading themselves with the latest technology and treatments. I loved the Gamma Light Mist Treatment and will be back again!
Price: The d’skin Gamma Light Mist Treatment is a 120 mins treatment and suitable for all skin types, it is going at $99 for its launch trial price (Usual Price $498, including GST).
238 Thomson Road, #03-04/05
Velocity@ Novena Square, Singapore 307683
Tel: 6258 9388