I’ve always been so envious of South Koreans for their smooth flawless skin! I aspire to have my skin as flawless as theirs but the humid weather in SG only amplifies my pores and oil production, especially the area around my nose! Luckily, Althea has sent over their Bbo Song Beauty Box to save me of pores and greasy oily skin.
Wait, but first, what’s Althea?
Althea is a leading KBeauty site with over 150 Korean beauty brands on board!
The Althea Box
It is Althea’s line of limited edition beauty boxes, specially curated by the fairy team in Seoul. The boxes are based on specific themes and each box can hold anywhere from 6 – 12 full-size products depending on the theme and value.
Althea releases 2 Althea Boxes every month. But the downside is these beauty boxes are limited in quantity (while stocks last) on a first come first serve basis. The Althea Box is a hit among fans and gets sold out really quick.
(More info on Althea’s page here)
The Bbo Song Skin Althea Box👶
Althea’s latest beauty box Bbo Song is all about creating that Baby Soft Skin Look (Bbo Song in Korean means smooth skin)
What comes in the Bbo song skin box: (6 full size KBeauty products)
- Nakeup Face: Coverking Power Cushion SPF50
- Innisfree: No sebum Powder Cream
- The Saem: Sammeul Single Blusher
- Petitfee: Hate U, Red Spot Sulfur Powder
- Skinfood: Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake
- W.Lab: Sebum-Out Oil Control Mist
From what I see of the products, the main aim is to control excess sebum production to produce a smooth flawless complexion!
Receiving the Bbo Song Skin Box
Delivery takes 3-5 working days from Korea to Singapore. I ordered my box on Monday and received my box on Friday!
Isn’t the box so pretty? I can imagine that this would be a great gift for girlfriends, sisters, mothers, etc.
Here’s my tutorial on how I use the Bbo Song Skin Box products!
I will be going in this sequence: 2 (primer), 1 (cushion), 4 (spot care), 5 (brows), 3 (blusher), 6 (mist).
2. Innisfree No Sebum Powder Cream (Primer)
1. Leave skin moisturized and control sebum
– Controls the oil and sebum in the T-zone area, while leaving the skin hydrated. It is appropriate to use for all seasons.
2. Primer Cream
– By controlling sebum in the base step it allows makeup to be long-lasting. Also, the cream glides on the skin creating an appearance of clear skin.
Purpose: 3-in-1 cream that controls sebum, hydrates skin, and has primer functions.
Indications and Usage:
Take an appropriate amount and apply over the face or the areas with excess sebum in the cream application step.
Purified Water, Propanediol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate., Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearyl Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Orchid Extract, Green Tea Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Mineral Salt, Menthoxypropanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Potassium Hydroxide, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Fragrance.
Texture: A balm like cream that spreads easikly and doesn’t leave any sticky residue
For this tutorial i have applied it all over my face, but normally i only apply it to my T zone because thats where the oil production is crazy!
1. Nakeup Face: Coverking Power Cushion SPF50
Pretty pink casing!
The color is #22, which blends right into my skin color! I also applied it to my neck area so that there would not be any difference in color between my face and neck.
For this tutorial, i have applied the cushion all over my face, but on a daily basis, as i have dry cheeks and oily T zone, i apply this cushion to my T zone to mattify the oil and apply another cushion (usually a hydrating one) to my cheeks.
The cushion has very high coverage, and is able to cover the redness around my nose area. Try not to use too much of it as it can get cakey if too much product is applied.
4. Petitfee: Hate U, Red Spot Sulfur Powder
This is the perfect spot care cause it comes with coverage too! and it makes total sense, if i have a spot to treat, it is likely going to need concealer to cover the redness. So with this, i dont need to apply concealer anymore.
The color of the Petitfee sulfur powder is a little darker than my skintone but this darker shade is able to cover up the redness of my blemishes.
5. Skinfood: Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake
Applying the darker shade on the ends and then the lighter shade on the inner brow for a more natural looking brow. Brow products should always come with 2 shades!
The Skin food Eyebrow Powder cake is very pigmented and easy to apply with the brush provided. I like this shade because it is a pure brown without any red undertones.
3. The Saem: Sammeul Single Blusher
This blusher is SUPER pigmented! be sure to take only a small amount and tap off the excess before applying. I had to wipe off excess blusher on my face cause I didnt anticipate that it would be so pigmented.
6. W.Lab: Sebum-Out Oil Control Mist
Very nice! This mist contains tea tree oil to fight against them pimples !
Did a test with this mid-day and it helped to mattify my greasy T zone. I dont have to use tissue paper to blot my nose anymore!
- Bang for your buck paying only $39.50 for a set that is worth $151 in value
- Great as a gift as it comes in a pretty box
- Great for the humid weather in SG as this set focuses on controlling excess sebum
- I especially like the Petit free red spot sulfur powder as typically when we apply spot care to our pimples / breakouts, we will most likely be applying a concealer on it after, so with this, its a 2 in 1 with both spot care and coverage!
- May not be appropriate for those that have dry skin
- If you are tanned, the #22 Nakeup Face cushion shade may not be suitable for you.
- If you prefer light brow colors, this may not be suitable for you as the shade in the set is a dark brown.
I especially like the Petit free red spot sulfur powder as a 2 in 1 with both spot care and coverage! Now, if only it came in more shades to suit the different skin tones. This box is also great for those that have normal skin color – not too tanned and not too fair. I think that if Althea could provide the Bbo Song Skin box in Light, Normal and Tanned shades for the Cushion, then everyone will be able to purchase this 🙂
I do feel that this will be perfect as a gift for anyone living in hot & humid Singapore / for use during summer / those that have oily T zones.
Here’s my final look using the Althea Bbo Song Skin box!
Link to the Bbo Song Skin box here!
Althea website here
Althea Instagram here