It’s that time again where I’m caught taking photos of handheld items with bare and unkempt nails. Yeah, I am in dire need of a gelish manicure.
I did some research online and came across Niu Nails, a home based salon. I was quite impressed with their nail art portfolio and they had many good reviews so I decided to try them out.
It’s my first time having my nails done at a home based salon!
The place wasn’t very hard to find, i followed Google maps and got there without difficulty.
The owner of Niu Nails, Serene greeted me at the door and brought me to her room-turned-salon.
The room was air-conditioned and had a TV for customers to watch.
Serene has been doing this home based salon for 4 years already!
Serene recommended doing holographic nails as it is the latest trend! And I immediately agreed cause they are so shimmery and pretty with a rainbow shine.
There is both a light and a darker colored version of holographic nails, I chose the lighter one.
- Removing of old gelish
- Cutting, buffing and shaping nails
- Removal of cuticles
- Base coat
- Base colors applied and cured with uv light. Serene uses special Japanese nail polish that come in pots instead of the typical bottle with brush attached to the cap.
- Holographic powder is rubbed on and it turns the white base into holographic. I’m so amazed by this magic powder. It turns from powder to a holographic nail by simply rubbing.
- Shattered glass foils are glued on
- Final top coat
- Nail oil applied
Serene and I chatted throughout the manicure and the 2hrs flew by quick. She made me feel right at home.
Holographic & Shattered Glass Nail Art
The finished nails!!!
I can have rainbows on my nails too!!
- You can be sure that you’ll receive much better service and attention as the owner herself will be attending to your nails VS being attended to by an employee of a nail salon.
- Serene is super friendly and chatty! I felt right at home with her
- Affordable price compared to nail salons (typically over $100 for classic gelish manicure with nail art)
- Latest Holographic nail art trend
- May not be so convenient to those who stay in the west as she is located at Hougang
Doing nails at a home based salon means that the manicurist doing your nails is also the owner! Meaning that she will definitely make sure that she does a good job since she is the owner. I am certainly a convert from typical nail salons to home based salons 🙂 I also super love the style recommended, cant stop staring at my new holographic nails.
Thank you Serene!
Price: $79 for the exact same set of holographic nails with shattered glass nail art.
I’ve got a special promotion for all my readers! You can quote my name “Esther” and get the same set of classic gelish manicure with holographic and shattered glass nail art for $60 instead of $79! That’s a 24% discount!
Niunails@live.com or 81136741
927 Hougang street 91, s530927